With the “staycation” we’re all enjoying (positive spin!) we have some very good news about the help that’s on its way.
Firstly, our doctors are meeting regularly and are adapting our clinic to COVID-19 changes. We remain ready to help if have a dental emergency and pass the COVID-19 screening process. How do you access care at Georgian Dental? Call into the dental clinic phone immediately. Will check messages daily during weekdays and you will be contacted and screened by an Administrative Officer. Then, a doctor will contact you personally and help triage your specific situation and arrange your appointment day and time. Regrettably, we can only permit this service for our existing patients of record and their immediate family. Global supply chain for medical protective personal equipment (PPE) is adapting but remains tenuous according to my resource at Mount Sinai Hospital in Toronto. Your safety and preventing the spread of the pandemic remains our top priority.
Further Support is coming federally as announced from Ottawa from March 18th, 2020.
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corp. says it is permitting lenders to allow deferred mortgage payments on loans the Crown corporation guarantees. (This is the insurance against default lenders take when people who purchase homes have less than 20% down).
- An emergency care benefit for workers who don’t qualify for employment insurance to help with food and rent.
- Credit available to farmers and the agri-food sector will be boosted through Farm Credit Canada. This is important if your practice is in an agricultural area.
- The government is also placing a six-month moratorium on student loan payments.
- The Ontario government has confirmed they will not allow for evictions during this time should people not be able to pay their rent.
- Families receiving the Child Care Benefit will see an increase of $550 on average, with an additional $300 per child as part of the May payment.
- For renters, an emergency aid package includes $27-billion in direct support to help pay for things like rent or grocery bills.
- For parents who have lost daycare services, government will introduce the emergency care benefit which will provide money every two weeks to workers who have to stay home for 14 weeks for an amount comparable to the amount that would be paid through EI.
- The deadline for filing T1 returns that were due on April 30, 2020 has been extended to June 1, 2020.
“One ought never to turn one’s back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half. Never run away from anything. Never!”
– Winston Churchill
Finally, here is the contact information if you have any questions or need assistance with a dental emergency.
For Georgian Dental® Barrie, call (705)739-6725 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Georgian Dental® Orillia, call (705)325-1765 or email: email@example.com
Please stay safe and we wish you good health,
Dr. Adam Tan DMD FAGD AIAOMT
Clinical Director, Dental Surgeon, Author, Lecturer