Meet Barrie Dentist’s Latest Technology Investment – The iTero Element
Technology has been a huge boon to the entire medical community. Dentistry, in particular, has relied on technological advances to solve complex problems and help patients.
Dental clinics need to adopt different technologies to meet the growing needs of patients, and to ensure they can diagnose issues and administer treatments as effectively and efficiently as possible.
The advent of certain technologies, like digital x-rays and intraoral scanners, helps general practitioners and orthodontists provide better care while increasing patient satisfaction and overall experience. Yet, many clinics are seemingly stuck in the past, using outdated tools and software, limiting their professional abilities.
We’re Barrie Dentists who embrace technology as part of our high-tech clinic that takes a holistic approach to dentistry. This allows our staff to provide exceptional dental care. One such technology that we use is the new iTero Element. This intraoral scanner comes with a suite of impressive features and offers a ton of benefits with respect to braces , in particular Invisalign braces, as well as crowns and bridges.
Let’s start by introducing you to the iTero Element. We’ll breakdown this scanner’s capabilities in addition to illustrating how it helps dentists, orthodontists and, of course, patients. Lastly, we’ll look at the value Georgian Dental offers by planting both feet at the cutting-edge of advanced dental technology.
A High-tech Barrie Dental Clinic
Georgian Dental has always embraced technology as part of our commitment to offer the people of Barrie comprehensive treatments that contribute to a healthy lifestyle. Our adherence to technology and innovation led us to become the first clinic in Muskoka-Simcoe County to introduce Fast Braces and to develop and launch our Mercury Rescue program.
What is the iTero Element?
The iTero Element is a state-of-the-art scanner that dentists and orthodontists primarily use to gain insight into a patient’s teeth, gums and jaws to review any oral issues and to convey the potential outcome of treatments.
The iTero Element is another in the long list of technologies that help separate us from competitors. This device provides a more comfortable experience for our patients during examinations and lets them see firsthand what is plaguing their teeth or gums in addition to what the potential treatment results could look like.
Visualization is helpful because dental knowledge shouldn’t be a pre-requisite to receiving dental care. The onus is on the dentist to clearly explain options and outcomes. The iTero Element’s scanning capabilities is a resource to guide patients toward making the choice that’s right for their oral health and to fully understand what their dentist is explaining and recommending.
It works perfectly with clear aligner treatments like Invisalign to create a productive workflow that is proven to reduce fit issues. This technology also works well with traditional braces to create impressions without the mess or gagging while showing the patient what their new straight smile could look like.
Benefits and Features of iTero Elements
The iTero Element provides imaging precision and is equipped with advanced tools. It aids in improving the efficacy of procedures and treatments by delivering the following features and capabilities:
- This iTero scanner’s image sensor is 20x faster than previous models. It is designed to capture 6,000 frames per second, which is a significant improvement over the current model’s 800 frames per second.
- TimeLapse Technology
- We can compare a patient’s history of scans to note any oral changes. This helps us offer procedure options and plan next steps, allowing patients to make informed decisions.
- Invisalign Outcome Simulator
- This feature removes any murkiness and helps patients understand the outcomes and benefits of Invisalign braces.
- Real-time 3D Visualization
- We can demystify oral issues and concerns by reviewing a visualization of a patient’s teeth and gums at chairside. Featuring industry-leading 3D imaging to allow patient’s improved visibility into treatment outcomes. Additionally, this allows for clearer communication between dental professional and patient.
- Vibrant Colour Scanning
- By having access to realistic colour images, we can evaluate oral issues with precision and create a plan with a greater chance at success.
- Certified Connectivity Workflow
- Dental and orthodontic treatments can be complicated and often involves multiple parties. The iTero Element connects seamlessly to labs and third-party systems to streamline a historically convoluted process.
Another helpful feature of the iTero Element is its scanning capabilities via the smaller and more precise advanced wand. The wand comes with built-in controls to rotate the 3D models being displayed on the screen. The aim is to let patients understand what they are seeing from all angles to eliminate confusion. This grants us the ability to work to remove superfluous steps from the process.
The advanced wand also enables our staff to:
- Scan in Motion, which eliminates the need to click every time we want to scan. The software that powers the iTero Element automatically detects start and stop points, and positions for the next scan. It is engineered to simultaneously process the scans, placing them in sequence.
- Scan in Colour allows for impeccably clear visualization. With a dual-aperture lens, this system snaps 2D images in colour with 3D laser scanning for improved accuracy. This is important because it gives patients a clear view of any issues and helps us distinguish between gingival and tooth structures so we can evaluate without hindrance.
These features offer the following benefits to dentists and patients:
- Improved workflow
- Greater understanding of treatment outcome(s).
- Faster appointments and less time in the dentist chair.
- Pinpoint diagnoses
- Improved comfort—no gagging and powder-free operation
- Same-day dentistry—This means you can go from digital impressions to restorations or veneers without a second appointment.
This technology is an ally to both dentist and patient and its impact on certain treatments is indisputable.
Invisalign Outcome Simulator
The iTero Element seamlessly integrates with Invisalign treatments to create a powerful solution to straighten teeth.
Patients are often reluctant to get Invisalign, which are a series of clear aligners that are custom-made and replaced every two weeks until your teeth are in their final position. They require multiple appointments, daily care and can be costly. Often, patients see them as too radical or label them as too good to be true.
Unless you have an active imagination, it can be difficult to visualize the results and what an improved face and smile could look like. The iTero Element comes with an Invisalign Outcome Simulator to help patients understand how Invisalign can correct teeth and to see what the result will look like. We can make real-time adjustments to simulations and project corrections and extractions to make sure you get a realistic idea about your treatment.
In addition, the iTero Element enables us to plan faster and focus on a patient’s comfort level. The goal is to help you get your smile in style!
Book an Appointment Today!
It’s hard to say why so many clinics have been slow to adopt technologies that were developed to better the practice of dentistry. At Georgian Dental, we invest in technology not just because it’s impressive and neat. We believe it elevates our practice and offers our patients the services and high standards they need to achieve optimal oral health.
Book your free, no-obligation consultation today, and see why Barrie Dentist is your best choice for dental implants, braces and other oral care treatments.